Thursday, September 6, 2012

Late 19th Centurt "Art Photography"

      After discovering "The Encyclopedia of 19th century Photography," I began scrolling through the alphabet in attempt of finding some 19th photographers that stuck out to me. This website is mostly text about photographers ( which are actually really interesting.) but does have some samples of work within the encyclopedia blog.


This is when I stumbled on Constant Alexandre Famin. His work can be found here. His work is often featuring farm scenes with workers, children, and the animals. These photos were interesting to me because it gave you this feeling of desolation when comparing it to today's farming. ALthough, these farm photos were not what intrigued me the most.





    My favorite Famin shots were when he went out into the forest of Fountainbleu and began taking pictures of just od organic shapes. There was probably nothing to document about those trees, but the fact the he just thought someone needed to see its aesthetic!






http://19th-century-photography.blogspot.com/2010/12/f_14.html    "The Encyclopedia of 19th Century Photographs

1 comment:

  1. Great find! I'd not heard of him before. Love the trees, too. This will make for some interesting comparisons with the romantic photos we see next week by Cameron and others, and the Pictorialists, too.

    ReplyDelete