Sunday, September 16, 2012

Henry Peach Robinson

I think my favorite article thus far this semester has been the heartwarming defence from Henry Peach Robinson about his friend Oscar Gustav Rejlander and his art.  They both used the technique of compositing their negatives to achieve a flattened space, and Robinson's defense of Rejlander, along with the few photographs of Robinson's that we saw in class made me want to see more of his work.  So I went to Google, which redirected me to a website called  Museum Syndicate, where I found several of his photo composites.  I'll include here a few of my favorites.  Interestingly enough, most of my favorites are based on scenes from stories, as was fashionable at the time.

Little Red Riding Hood, Robinson, 1858


The Lady of Shalott, Robinson, 1861

She Never Told Her Love, Robinson, 1857

Fun fact:  Museum Syndicate has a jigsaw puzzle feature on its photos!  Enjoy!
Click me!


No comments:

Post a Comment