Sunday, September 23, 2012

This week...pair up!

Hi all,
I think this was the best week on the blog yet! You are posting about some of my favorite photographers (remind me to tell you my "I met Annie Liebovitz" story...I cannot overhype it enough.) and some that are new to me. It seems that these weeks where you can post anything you want work best, so we'll try to stick with that program for most of the semester. But this week we have some real work to do first.

As you know, you will be pairing up to give presentations on contemporary photographers at the end of the semester. You will also be writing research papers about them and we'll get started on that research next week. So, this means that it is time to pick your partner! You can talk about this before/after class this week, on the blog, over email, in the hallways...whatever. But you need to pick your partner by next Sunday. (We may end up with one group of 3 or one person going it alone, depending on your preference...TBD.) Once you pick your partner, I want each of you to write a new post in which you announce your partnership and suggest a contemporary photographer that you might want to research. Obviously, ultimately no two groups can present on the same person. And I'd like to see each student posting about a photographer that you haven't yet written about on the blog. We'll worry about choosing the specific photographer later. For now, let's just throw out some ideas. Remember, in order for both members of the team to get blog credit this week you each must write an independent post.

Any questions? Just ask.

See you Tuesday!

Oh, and here are some photos about pairs...both by Diane Arbus.




No comments:

Post a Comment