Sunday, September 9, 2012

19th century photography resources

I wanted to post something about a specific 19th century artist, however I feel like there are only so many to choose from and only so many of us.  Its too hard for me to just pick ONE because in my opinion I find them all to be amazing for what they are accomplishing for the time period.  In my inter web searching I found this website with AWESOME resources.
http://www.leegallery.com/photographers
Check out all of the photographers and what collections of images they have on the site.  There is even a link on the site to find special exhibitions.

I also found this interesting link on MPR (Minnesota Public Radio) that discusses women photographers of the 19th century.  At one point in the late 19th century, there were more women photographers in 1910 than there are today.  It was an easy business for women because they could have a family yet still work and live all in the same place.  Take a listen and enjoy to this short blurp about women's history in photography.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2011/03/28/anette-atkins-women-photographers-history-chat/

No comments:

Post a Comment