Tuesday, August 28, 2012


Hey,

My name is Eric Conrad. I am a visual communications major and this is my fourth year at Ball State. Technically speaking I am a senior but I studied in London during my sophomore year and got off track. It’s all good though… I would choose being in Europe over being in Muncie any day. I currently have the most mundane job in the world. I am the student custodian at Lucina Hall. I push a dust mop back and forth and vacuum a lot of carpet. It gives me a lot of time to think and it sort of pays the bills. I became interested in photography in high school where I took a total of 6 photography classes. My school still had two huge dark rooms at the time. The year after I graduated they stopped using them, so I am happy that I got to have the experience. One of my favorite photographers is Richard Avedon. I am drawn in to his images because of the minimalism and sharp contrast he uses. This was my first Avedon photograph. It just left me with so many questions, but I loved it and sought out his other works. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, six photography classes and darkrooms in high school. I'm super jealous. The only photo classes we had were connected to the school paper, so it wasn't exclusively photography. And there was a darkroom, but they had switched completely to digital by the time I got there.

    I love the photo you've posted. It looks like he should be really uncomfortable, but he looks completely relaxed. The contrast is fantastic, too.

    ReplyDelete