Friday, August 24, 2012



Hey guys! I'm Bri, a senior vis comm major with a fashion minor. I love mexican food, the color teal, ikea, and blasting music in my car. I'm also a resident assistant, which creates a very interesting lifestyle for me. Being a future designer, I tend to favor the digital world because it is what I work with on a daily basis. That is not to say that I don't love black and white film. I'm fascinated with the process and I am still in awe every time a photo comes to life in the dark room. I love playing with alternative processes such as using developer as a medium to paint with. I look forward to seeing how processes were discovered and how photographers have challenged the way we see and interpret the "truth."I'm posting a picture of Stefan Sagmeister's installation. I love that he, as a graphic designer, uses photographs as his final product. The photo is just as important as the installation for him because it documents it forever. This is a great way to show how photography and design go hand in hand.

3 comments:

  1. Bri-

    Us VisComm-ers love Sagmeister! I really enjoy the image you selected here! We should consider making a "copy" here on campus before May rolls around! Which would be easier, digital photography editing or an installation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRI i agree completely. this is one of my have sagmeister pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this piece by Stefen Sagmeister! I think it's beautiful. I love the fact that the installation is made out of pennies that were mapped and placed on the ground. I agree with Lauren. It would be amazing to do something like this on campus!

    ReplyDelete