Monday, August 13, 2012


Welcome to AHS 275 History of Photography!

One of the components of this course will be reading and contributing to a blog as we plow through the last two hundred years of photo history. This is a place to start and continue conversations about readings, images, and related topics that you come across. I will participate and at times prompt you to respond to questions and ideas, but I also encourage you to ask questions and share your interest in photography with one another. We'll experiment in this together.

Your first task is to create a profile for this blog, including a photograph that will help us identify you. Choose a photo you like, from the history of photography or from your own body of work. Once you've created your profile, please write your own post and introduce yourself.

Here's to a great semester!

Lara Kuykendall

7 comments:

  1. How sweet would it be if we started tagging #AHS275 for our class for twitter and instagram? That way we can keep all of our related posts and photos together simply.

    Anybody have a better hashtag name idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea. A simple hashtag seems fine by me.

      Delete
    2. Instagram has officially started #AHS275. I'll keep pushing Twitter as I dick around with random photo opportunities. JOIN IN!

      Delete
  2. Hey everybody! It's Marlee Runyon here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marlee! Glad to see you've signed on! Go on and write your own post above to tell us a bit more about yourself.

      Delete
  3. Hi, this is Daniel Na. I don't think I ever got an invite? Was I supposed to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniel,
      I sent your invite to your bsu email account. Look for it there and if you don't get it send me an email and I'll invite you again. (And you could send me a different email address, too, in case bsu isn't working out.)

      Delete