Saturday, August 25, 2012

Hey all! :)


I'm Sarah Reynolds. I'm a senior photography major. I work in the Photo Crypt, so if you've taken a photo class I probably look familiar.  I went on the Art in Italy trip last summer.  It was a wonderful experience and I hope to make it back to Italy someday.  I also hope to travel other parts of Europe.  

The photo I posted is one of Nan Goldin's. She has always inspired me to take photos of things unexpected.  She was one to push the camera and her subject matter.  
I couldn't find Nan Goldin's website (not sure she has one) but this website is a good one to read more about her and see more photos of hers: http://oxfordschoolofphotography.wordpress.com/2012/04/05/nan-goldin-photographer/

2 comments:

  1. Sarah-

    I feel you have mentioned this artist before in our conversations. I tried to find a website too, but I had no luck on Goldin. How is that possible in today's technologically advanced world?

    It would be hard to disagree on the fact that the subject matter is rather unexpected. The link you shared was pretty shocking to me. I was most intrigued by "Nan one month after being battered (1984)" because of the contrast between the well groomed woman and the results of the previous brutality enforced upon her.

    Good choice!

    ReplyDelete