Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hello AHS 275!

My name is Morgan. I'm a senior with a major in visual communication and a minor in Spanish. I am hoping to get some inspiration from this course for my own work. Photography is a big hobby of mine. I have 12 cameras which include film and digital. My Canon 50D and my Holga are probably my two favorites. It is hard for me to decide which medium I enjoy best, film or digital, but I think if I had to I would pick film because it has such a unique grainy quality that gives the image a lot of character. It's also way more fun to process and develop films and prints instead of downloading images.

Other than photography, design, reading, and music are some of my other biggest interests. One artist I'm really intrigued by lately is Yulia Brodskaya who is a paper artist. You should check out her work! Some of my favorite books currently are The Five People You Meet in Heaven, The Help, and The Glass Castle. Some of my favorite artists are Coldplay, Jason Mraz, John Mayer, Two Door Cinema Club, and The Black Keys.  

1 comment:

  1. I checked out some work by Yulia Brodskaya and her work is really awesome! The bright colors and fluidity are very intriguing. Very, very cool!

    I like this piece the best:
    http://22spoons.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/yulia-brodskaya-hermes-550x3461.jpg

    ReplyDelete