Thursday, August 30, 2012

Just got the invitation!

Hi, guys!

My name is Katie Major, and I'm currently completing my last semester at Ball State.  When I'm finished, I'll have been here for a total of five and a half years.  This is explained by the fact that I changed majors in the spring semester of my sophomore year.  I began my journey here majoring in music education.  Photography has been a hobby of mine since I was about 14.  My work deals a lot with my inner mindscape, and serves as a coping mechanism for depression.

I would eventually like to have a job that sends me traveling to take photographs in places where not many people get to go.  Travel photography is one of my longest-standing goals.  Going to places like this series of North Korea by photographer Charlie Crane.

Welcome to Pyongyang



1 comment:

  1. These photos from North Korea are great! I especially loves how he is able to fill the frame without getting close-ups of his subjects. The limited color and the facial expressions are also just captivating. Great link!

    ReplyDelete