Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sebastiao Salgado

Sebastiao Salgado is a trained economist from Brazil. He became interested in photography when he went to Africa as an economic advisor, and ever since, he has been flooding the world with countless photographs that move people toward social change.

I am in love with Sebastiao Salgado's photos because he has the amazing ability to create imagery that has an exotic visual interest and has an unwavering emotional appeal. Here are a few links:

http://www.masters-of-photography.com/S/salgado/salgado_articles2.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=sebastiao+salgado&hl=en&sa=N&prmd=imvnso&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=7-ZsUO3-M7OHyQHpzYDgDQ&ved=0CEQQsAQ&biw=1253&bih=659

My partner for our research project is Megan Gross.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, This is some really cool photography! I'm always amazed by how vivid portraits can be captured. And the contrast! I'm excited to see what you two do with Sebastio Salgado.

    Take it or leave it, but I have a couple suggestions to help your blogging: It would be super helpful if you would add the images and links directly to the blog so we could all respond and critique the photography a bit quicker. I think any of us can Google search a name if we want to see more works. Maybe pick one image you truly love. Be sure to value credibility of websites, too. I was bombarded with popups from the first URL. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to hear that Lauren. That was never my intention. I will definitely try to post some of the imagery next time.

      Delete