Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hiroshi Sugimoto Claimed


Tyler Gater and I plan to do our project on Hiroshi Sugimoto.  We chose him because we really enjoyed his work and the wide variety of subject he has captured. To this point we are doing research to familiarize ourselves with the artist.

I found an article from a periodical that is helpful to my research because it talks about how Sugimoto integrates ideas of time into his photographs. It also talks about multiple series of Sugimoto’s that I am interested in featuring in my research.

My source is:
John Yau. “Time Halted: The Photographs of Hiroshi Sugimoto.” The American Poetry Review 33 (SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2004): 11-16

Here is an image talked about in the article:


3 comments:

  1. Sugimoto is a great choice. I was just at the North Carolina Museum of Art, which had a few of his photos up, including one photograph of electricity. It was fascinating. Your citation looks almost right. Check my template again re: last name, then first name, the months written in regular type (not all caps) and a period at the end. Please edit your post or repost the corrected citation here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My source is:
    Yau, John. “Time Halted: The Photographs of Hiroshi Sugimoto.” The American Poetry Review 33 (September/October 2004): 11-16.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good here, Ashley. Somehow the title of the journal isn't in italics anymore, and it should be. Just remember that for when you go to write the bibliography for your paper.

    ReplyDelete