Sunday, October 7, 2012

Keep on keepin' on...

Hi all,
I'm looking forward to reuniting with you on Tuesday. And I'm sensing some major Uta Barth mania on the blog this week! Not everyone has posted this week so I'm actually going to extend the deadline and assignment until next Sunday (10/14) at 5pm and let us catch up a bit. Let's continue with the same blog post assignment this week...to choose a photographer from my list (posted on 9/30) and consider them as a possible research topic and to post about them on the blog. Try not to duplicate earlier posts, please. And remember, we are still in the research phase so you'll be able to announce your final decision next week. For now, just have a look around the webosphere and see what you can see about some of these photogs.

If you've already posted about one of those photographers, then you can either take the week off with my compliments for a job well done or you can post about anything you like and earn a bit of extra credit.

While I was illin' on Tuesday last week, on Thursday I was away at a conference in Detroit. On the way there I stopped in at the Toledo Museum of Art and saw some photos and photo books that reminded me of our class by Gustave Le Gray, Alexander Gardner, Julia Margaret Cameron, and others. They also have fantastic collections of modernist paintings and glass. If you haven't been to Toledo, go! You can also eat lunch at the Hot Dog Bun Museum...tell them I sent ya.




4 comments:

  1. I've been to Toledo and eaten at Tony Packo's. Although it's historic, I did not like it at all. The museum was nice though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Sarah, the food was "meh." But I did see some famous people's buns...so that was nice...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha. My favorite part of Toledo is the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know. I was on official art history business so the zoo was taboo. ;)

    ReplyDelete