Sunday, November 11, 2012

Street Art and Photography



     The above photograph is from Skate with Color event in Berlin. As an art happening event, I feel think image is successfully documenting the artistic nature of the even, as well as hitting this dynamic instance of full of drama. 

    Street art is a post modern art form. Through photography, we are able to capture the essence of these various movements. During this semester we have discussed photography as a documentation or an art form. I believe the photography of another art form can blur this line.  Street Art Utopia demonstrates this well throughout the website's submissions. I wonder how my classmates view this means of photography.

     

1 comment:

  1. So is the happening the "art" or is the photograph the "art"? Or both? I agree with you that the line is fairly blurry. Great post!

    ReplyDelete