Saturday, November 10, 2012

Hey guys,
I was at the fashion mall in Indy last weekend and I came across these little dudes and dudettes on the shelf.  I pulled out my camera phone and snapped a couple of shots to share them with you.  They're of different types of Brownie cameras.  I did a little research on some of them to see when they were developed and if I could find any info about them.  The Brownie Hawkeye with a flash was introduced in May 1949 and was discontinued in July of '61.  It took 2.25x2.25 pictures using a 620 film size and the original cost was about $7.00!  I found out it's still a wildly popular camera.  I would definitely use one. 


http://www.brownie-camera.com/27.shtml\

The Brownie Starmite II was made in Nov. 1962 and went through August of '67.  It took 1 5/8x 1 5/8 pictures with a film size of 127.  This link had less information about it so I'm not sure to what extent it was widely used.  Anyway, I figured I'd share my findings with the class since we studied them some. 


http://www.brownie-camera.com/44.shtml

1 comment: