Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Jon Edwards


I recently stumbled across a photographer that I had never heard of before and thought I'd share. His name is Jon Edwards, he is a photographer from Maine. His photos are black and white, I think his compositions are very intriguing. The collection of his that I was really interested in is called "A Life". Here is an excerpt from his artist statement about the photos that explains them well:

"These portfolios are of individuals living on islands, either physically or metaphorically, and their environments. There is both simplicity and beauty in the places they inhabit, the lives they live, and the relationships they build within their communities. They are determined to hold on to their lifestyles and family traditions, and to pass on all that have learned to the next generation."

His website is here if you'd like to see more!


No comments:

Post a Comment