Sunday, December 2, 2012

The MPG


The MPG or Mobile Photo Group was established in 2011. It's an international collective of mobile photographers dedicated to promoting their work and presenting mobile photography as an important and evolving form of photography. I think their struggle of promoting their work as an evolving form of photography is going to be similar to when cameras were first introduced and the struggle those photographers had making people believe it was fine art. 

I really liked their website, they have twelve different photographers, my favorite being Benedicte Guillon. On her personal page she is quoted saying, "Iphoneography is about interactivity and community, the rest is photography". I really liked this and it goes along with another MPG photographer who said that he wouldn't be able to get the personal shots of the city with any other camera.  

Here are some of my favorite photos from Benedicte Guillon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment